Sunday 22 January 2012

Nature watch

On Sunday I had a chance encounter with a team from forest department doing one of their periodic survey of birds and flora within IIM C campus. My curiosity got the better of me and I barged into their taking notes/discussion to understand how our campus was doing in terms of bird population. Everyday I could see multiple birds, but the forest department person answered quite disappointedly that they managed to see just 46 species this day and that they usually see much more. I was bit taken back by this number as it sounded wow for me. They talked about the migratory birds etc. As I continued on my path, I was thinking of the bird that I had seen..surely there were more to see...

Here goes some of the photos snapped within campus... If you interested about birds and that too in Joka (IIM C nesting place) check this link http://www.kolkatabirds.com/joka.htm






No comments:

Post a Comment